About the Role
AARES* is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Planner to join our team at our Calgary office. Working under the general direction of experienced leads, this position will be responsible for obtaining and ensuring regulatory compliance throughout the duration of projects and will provide an opportunity for the right candidate to learn and grow professionally and personally.
The successful candidate will provide support on various environmental projects contribute to technical reports, and complete other office duties as assigned. AAR provides environmental regulatory support for the energy, mining, residential development, transportation sectors, and Provincial Governments across western Canada. In the role of Intermediate Environmental Specialist, project work will include obtaining and ensuring compliance with environmental permits, authorizations, and clearances required to follow all applicable federal and provincial environmental legislation and policies.
We are seeking a candidate who is an enthusiastic, practical and personable individual that enjoys working in a dynamic and challenging environment. Key responsibilities will include:
• Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
• Data analysis and management
• Assist in proposal writing, study design, implementation, and final reporting
• Perform background research and analysis, including consultation with government agencies
• Produce well written drafts reports and correspondence, drawing upon technical and scientific knowledge and experience
• Work within a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of staff
• Provide supervision, training, technical direction, and mentoring to junior staff
• A University degree (B.Sc or M.Sc) in Ecology, Biology, and/or other Biological Science or a technical diploma and experience in a related field • Registered as a P.Biol. with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists, or eligible for registration is preferred • Technical writing skill with the ability to prepare reports and correspondence
• Understanding of application of federal and provincial laws and regulations, as applicable to energy resource development
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team environment and under deadlines
This position will be primarily office based; however, we are a small company and during the field season your help may be required, in the field, on a variety of projects.
About the Company
AAR Environmental Services (a division of Applied Aquatic Research Ltd.) is a Canadian full-service environmental consulting company based in Calgary, Alberta. Our talented teams provide a diverse suite of services, including aquatic and terrestrial biology, agronomy, hydrology, project management and environmental planning. We are currently searching for a Soils and Reclamation Specialist to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about developing a professional career, practical, personable and enjoy working in a dynamic and challenging team environment.